Vend is Point of Sale software made for retail, that easily integrates with Yoco. Manage your sales, stock and track profitability in real-time.
Integrating Vend and Yoco payments gives you a speedier checkout with automated payments, keeps staff happy with tip collection and helps you cash out in minutes.
You can learn more about Vend’s features here.
Integrate with Vend
To set up your Yoco/ Vend integration, you'll need the following:
- Yoco login details;
- Yoco: Please make sure you have your Yoco username and password on hand;
- Vend: Please make sure you have your Vend Register username and password on hand;
- iPad: Please make sure you know the unlock code for your iPad;
- Apple App Store: Please make sure you know your App Store ID and password in the event of any required software updates;
- An active Vend account;
- Operating on the latest version of the Vend Register;
- Apple iPad, running the latest iOS version;
- An active Yoco account;
- A Yoco wireless card machine.
To start accepting payments with Yoco through the Vend iPad app, first add the Yoco payment type to your Vend store. Here's how:
Adding Yoco as a payment type
- On your Vend home page, select the Setup option, and the following screen will display.
- Select the Payment Types tab (highlighted in grey).
- You'll navigate to the Payment Types screen.
- Select Add Payment Types, and then select Yoco from the drop down on the next screen. Once you've selected Yoco, you'll see the following screen.
- Select Save Payment Type, which will create the payment type. Once successfully created, a Payment type created pop up will display.
- Then select Save Payment Type again, which will save it to your Payment Types. When Payment type updated displays, you've successfully added Yoco as a payment type for your business.
Using Vend + Yoco
- Log into your Yoco account in the Vend Register app, select the Menu option, then Settings.
- Once you've selected Settings, select the Hardware option.
- Once you have opened Hardware, select Login to Yoco.
- Enter you Yoco login credentials. These are the details you created for your Yoco account.
- Once you've successfully logged in, you'll see an option to Logout of Yoco.
You can add the payment type directly from the Vend Register app in 6 easy steps. Here's how:
- Navigate to the Dashboard in the menu to the left.
- Click on the Menu button.
- Once here, select Setup > Payment Types.
- In the payments type screen, click on Add Payment Type and then select Yoco from the Payment Type drop-down.
- Once this has been completed, tap on the Save Payment Type button.
- Once you've added Yoco as a payment type to Vend, you'll need to pair your Yoco Wireless Card Machine to your iPad.
There are two ways in which to pair your Wireless Card Machine. There's the in-app method, and then there's the out-of-app method.
Pairing your Yoco Wireless Card Machine in-app
- To pair your card machine through the app, you'll first need to initiate a sale in the Vend Register app. Select an item, and then select Pay. The following screen will be displayed.
- Select the Yoco payment option. Once selected, the following pop up will display. Enable Location Permission.
- Once enabled, select Connect Wireless Card Machine.
- Once you've put the card machine into pairing mode, select next.
- A pop-up will appear with the Yoco device (this can take a few seconds to show). Once displayed, select the Miura device.
- A pairing request will then display. The unique code will also appear on your Wireless Card Machine. You'll need to accept the code on the card machine by clicking on the Green Tick Button on your card machine. Once clicked, please select the Pair option on the iPad screen.
- If the pairing is successful, the following will display.
- Hooray! You are now ready to transact.
Pairing out-of-app from your iPad settings
- Minimize the Vend app, and open Settings on your iPad.
- Select the Bluetooth tab and please ensure that the Bluetooth toggle is on.
- Hold down the green tick button on the Wireless Card Machine for 5-7 seconds until the bluetooth symbol on the screen begins to flash. Once it's flashing, you can release the button. The iPad will scan for the device. When it's found it will show as Miura with the unique six-digit serial number of your card machine (You can confirm the serial number on the silver strip on the back of your card machine).
- Tap on the Muira device and a pairing request will appear both on the iPad screen and on the card machine.
- Click on the green tick button of the Wireless Card Machine, and then select Pair on the iPad screen. If the connection is successful, it will display as connected under MY DEVICES in the bluetooth settings.
- Once your card machine is paired, you can return to the Vend Register app and start transacting!