How does it work?
What are the fees?
We launched online card payments at a promotional rate until 1 October 2020. We did this to help our customers through the first few months of the COVID-19 lockdown. However, online payments cost on average 0.5% more than card machine payments, so we could not keep this promotional price forever.
All Yoco customers that already use online payments (ie those who have already completed an approved online transaction of R500 and above) will remain on the 2.95% discount until 1 February 2021. For new customers, online payment pricing will start at 3.40% (ex. VAT) from 1 October 2020 and will tier down in the same way that rates for in-person card payments do.
How do I get paid?
All online payments are linked to your existing Yoco Account and money will be paid out within 2 business days as part of your usual payouts.
What cards are accepted currently?
All VISA and MasterCard cards that are 3D Secure enabled are accepted, including international cards. AMEX and Diners are not currently supported. All payments are made in ZAR.
How do I start using my Payment Request?
- Open your Yoco App
- Select Sell from the navigation bar at the bottom
- Enter an amount or select an item
- Select Charge
- Select Send Request
- Add a reference (this is for your personal records)
- Select Share payment request
A payment link has now been created
- From the list of options on your smartphone/tablet, select how you'd like to send the payment link (i.e. through WhatsApp, email, or simply just copy the URL and share it with your customer directly.
- Navigate back to the Yoco App, and select Done