IMPORTANT: The Yoco app is only compatible with the STAR Bluetooth printer, which can be purchased here.
Connecting your STAR bluetooth printer
As this is a private feature, before you connect your STAR Bluetooth printer to the Yoco app, please send us a quick message via Live Chat (through our website or help centre) so we can enable this feature for you.
- Plug your printer into a standard wall plug and turn it on - your printer will automatically be ready to pair to your device via Bluetooth, once it is switched on.
- Load printing paper in by lifting the top latch and placing the paper roll inside. Pull on the paper so that a piece is sticking out before closing the latch.
- Go to your devices’ Bluetooth settings and pair your device to the STAR printer. Make sure that you are connected to the internet when you need to print a receipt from your Yoco app.
Your printer settings
Once you are back in your Yoco app, you will be able to view the status of your connected printer in Settings → Receipt Printing. You will also be able to turn on automatic printing here, so that a receipt is automatically printed after every sale. If you want to connect the printer to a different device, you need to first disconnect it by going to your Bluetooth settings and clicking 'Forget this device'.
IMPORTANT: Your device must be running on software version iOS 11 or Android 4.3 or higher for receipt printing to work.
Printing a receipt after a sale
After every successful sale, no matter the payment method, you will be given the option to print a receipt for your customer. When you click ‘Print receipt’, the connected printer will print a receipt showing the sale details.
Printing a receipt from your Sales History
You can print a receipt for any of the following scenarios:
- Payment received.
- Payment refunded.
- Payment failed.
Using the receipt as a tax invoice
The following information has been included in the receipts to make them SARS compliant, so that you or your customers can use them as valid tax invoices:
- Name of the supplier.
- Address of the supplier.
- Date of issue of invoice.
- Contains the word ‘Tax Invoice’.
- Serial number.
- VAT registration number of the supplier.
- Description of the items purchased.
- Quantity of items and their individual prices where more than 1 item is purchased.
- Value of the supply, the amount of tax charged and the consideration of the supply (value + tax).