Yoco Capital is an upfront sum of cash that is provided to a Yoco merchant in exchange for a fixed percentage of future card sales.
- We tailor an offer to you based on your transaction history with your Yoco device.
- Your offer will be made available here: portal.yoco.co.za/capital.
- You will be made aware of all costs and the final amount payable prior to accepting or declining your capital offer.
- You pay back your capital amount automatically with a percentage of your Yoco card sales as per the agreed holdback percentage. The higher your sales, the faster you repay. On days without sales, you won’t pay anything, and there is no fixed term within which you need to pay.
- Yoco Capital is not a loan or debt instrument. It is, however, a type of financing that is linked to a merchant’s previous trading patterns and future turnover.
- It differs from a loan in that you do not have to disclose the reason for your capital requirements.
- It differs from a loan as there is no accruing interest but rather a once-off flat rate: the final amount you see when applying is the total amount you will pay back over time, even if you go over your ideal repayment period.
- There is almost no admin and zero paperwork: your contract with the respective offer is available in your Business Portal and is accessible in 3 simple steps.
No. The terms are estimated based on Yoco card transaction history. If your Capital Deduction Plan rolls past the agreed term, there will be no penalties or added interest.
- With Yoco Capital there is a fixed cost of finance (fixed, once-off rate), rather than an interest rate applied to the capital sum. The cost of finance is seen during the application process (prior to accepting or declining your offer), when you are able to view your respective options.
- The amount you see in the application is the total amount: no additional late fees, interest fees etc.
IMPORTANT: The total payable amount is Capital principal + Cost of Capital + processing fee.
It is the percentage of your Yoco transactions that is contributed directly to the repayment of your Capital plan. This means that you will contribute more on busy days but will not be penalised on quieter days. The aim is to minimise the impact to your cash flow.
- As the owner/ director, log in to your Business Portal with the owner/ director log-in credentials.
- As a Yoco merchant, you have access to Capital as soon as you have been with Yoco for 3 months or more, and have been processing card transactions with your Yoco device.
- Once you offer is available, simply access your Yoco Business Portal and select the Capital menu item to find more information. You are also able to apply directly from your merchant portal, with a decision given in seconds.
- Merchants need to have been trading for a minimum of 3 months with Yoco, and
- Have processed a minimum of 10 Yoco transactions a month, and
- The average Minimum Yoco Card Turnover must be more than R 4 000 per month.
Yes. Yoco merchants are able to access Capital given that the minimum requirements are met.
Your business has to meet the minimum requirements to qualify for Yoco Capital. Select the Let me know button on your capital page and we will call you as soon as an offer becomes available.
The Capital is paid into your bank account within 24 - 48 hours.
Log into the Business Portal, select Capital, and you will be able to view your deduction plan to see how much Capital you have contributed towards repayment, and how far you still have to go.
Yes. You’ll need to get in touch with Yoco and let them know that you would like to make a deposit or an early settlement. The banking details will be provided for the funds to be paid.
IMPORTANT: The Yoco team will also need to know when you plan to make the payment, as they’ll need to stop the deduction for that day.
Yoco Capital can be used for any operational financing for the business - renovations, stock purchases, new machinery/ equipment, training courses, expansion plans or simply pushing through a bad business period.
Yes. You simply need to complete your first Capital Plan in order to obtain a potential follow-up Capital offer. Once your initial Capital Plan is settled, reach out to the Capital team at Yoco and they’ll advise you accordingly.