If you're experiencing battery-related issues, here are a few troubleshooting tips.
The following symbols will display on your machine to indicate the battery and charging status:
My card machine isn't charging
To see if your card machine is charging there are two identifiers:
The battery charging symbol on the machine screen.
The red light, located next to the charging port.
If the battery charging symbol isn't displaying, or the red light isn't flashing, try charging your machine using a different charging cable. If this doesn't work, try charging your card machine from a different plug point.
If that doesn't solve the problem, it's likely that something is not working inside the machine. If your machine is still within its warranty period (from the day you received it) please get in touch with us, and we'll arrange for a replacement.
IMPORTANT: Please don't keep the machine charging 24/7 as this degrades the battery. The machine will be fully charged after 3-4 hours plugged into a wall socket.
My card machine isn't holding charge
Your Yoco Card Machine takes 3-4 hours to fully charge from a wall socket.
- Charging until full. Please check how long you're charging the machine. Only remove it from charge once the battery is fully charged symbol displays. We do not recommend keeping the machine charging 24/7 as this will degrade the battery.
- Sleep Mode vs Shutdown mode. When the machine is not in use for 30 seconds, it will go into Sleep Mode. You can check if it's in sleep mode by pressing the green tick button. If the screen awakens then the machine was in Sleep Mode. The battery will slowly drain in Sleep Mode and this is intended for use during the day. If you don't intend to use your machine for a long period (1 day+), we would recommend fully shutting down the machine. To shut it down, hold the power button until the screen displays Shutting Down. If your battery is not holding charge and the machine is permanently left to go to Sleep Mode, please try shutting it down in between use.
- If you're charging your machine for 3-4 hours from a wall plug socket, shutting it down between use, and the battery is not lasting, please get in touch with us. If your machine is still within its 1-year warranty (from the day you received it), we'll arrange for a replacement.
Battery charging tips
- The card machines take 3-4 hours to fully charge from a wall socket.
- If you're unable to turn on your machine, this may mean the battery is completely flat. Charge your machine from a plug socket for a few hours.
- When the machine's battery is very low, the exclamation mark inside a triangle icon will display.
- When the machine is charging you'll see a red light (Yoco Pro: On top l Yoco Lite: On the side) to indicate it's charging and a lightning bolt over a battery icon will display.
- When the machine has fully charged the fully charged battery icon will display.
CHECK OUT our card machine policies.