If you're experiencing battery-related issues, here are a few troubleshooting tips.
The following symbols will display on your reader to indicate the battery and charging status:
My card reader isn't charging
To see if your card reader is charging there are two identifiers:
The battery charging symbol on the reader screen.
The red light, located next to the charging port.
If the battery charging symbol isn't displaying, or the red light isn't flashing, try charging your reader using a different charging cable. If this doesn't work, try charging your card reader from a different plug point.
If that doesn't solve the problem, it's likely that something is not working inside the reader. If your reader is still within it's 1 year warranty (from the day you received it) please get in touch with us, and we'll arrange for a replacement.
IMPORTANT: Please don't keep the reader charging 24/7 as this degrades the battery. The reader will be fully charged after 3-4 hours plugged into a wall socket.
My card reader isn't holding charge
Your Wireless Card Reader takes 3-4 hours to fully charge from a wall socket.
- Charging until full. Please check how long you're charging the reader. Only remove it from charge once the battery is fully charged symbol displays. We do not recommend keeping the reader charging 24/7 as this will degrade the battery.
- Sleep Mode vs Shutdown mode. When the reader is not in use for 30 seconds, it will go into Sleep Mode. You can check if it's in sleep mode by pressing the green tick button. If the screen awakens then the reader was in Sleep Mode. The battery will slowly drain in Sleep Mode and this is intended for use during the day. If you don't intend using your reader for a long period (1 day+), we would recommend fully shutting down the reader. To shut it down, hold the power button until the screen displays Shutting Down. If your battery is not holding charge and the reader is permanently left to go to Sleep Mode, please try shutting it down inbetween use.
- If you're charging your reader for 3-4 hours from a wall plug socket, shutting it down between use, and the battery is not lasting, please get in touch with us. If your reader is still within it's 1 year warranty (from the day you received it), we'll arrange for a replacement.
Battery charging tips
- The card readers take 3-4 hours to fully charge from a wall socket.
- If you're unable to turn on your reader, this may mean the battery is completely flat. Charge your reader from a plug socket for a few hours.
- When the reader's battery is very low, the exclamation mark inside a triangle icon will display.
- When the reader is charging you'll see a red light (Wireless Pro: On top l Wireless Lite: On the side) to indicate it's charging and a lightning bolt over a battery icon will display.
- When the reader has fully charged the fully charged battery icon will display.
CHECK OUT our card reader policies.