To get a thorough overview of your sales history - and gain some amazing insights - log into your Business Portal, select Sales And Refunds, and then Reports.
Your sales report allows you to view the following, based on date ranges that you will set:
Selecting a date range
At the top of your sales report, selecting the date picker allows you to view your sales report for the following date ranges:
- Pick a day: allows you to view sales for a specific day, by selecting it from the date picker.
- Pick a month: allows you to view your sales for a specific month, by selecting the preferred month from the drop-down list.
- Pick a custom range: allows you to select a specific date range from the date picker calendar. To select your range, click on the start date, and then again on the end date of the period that you'd like to view.
Once you've selected your date range, the following overview will be displayed at the top of your report:
- Gross sales, with a breakdown of your total payments, as well as your refunds.
- Number of sales, with a breakdown of your sales totals by payment type.
- A block displaying your total sales for the date range selected, compared with the previous, similar date period selected.
Sales by payment types
Want more information on the different ways your customers are paying? Select the Payments tab - this tab displays your sales by payment type for the date range you've selected.
It displays SALES by payment type (including refunds), the COUNT by payment type (how many transactions), the TOTAL by payment type (sales, less refunds), the Yoco FEES payable by payment type, and the NET amount by payment type (which is the total amount of money from those transactions, that will be settled into your account by Yoco).
Sales by products
Want some insight into which products are your best sellers, and which aren’t moving? Select the Products tab - this tab displays your sales by products, for the date range you've selected. It displays sales by product NAME, SKU (product code), product QUANTITY, and TOTAL. You can sort the NAME, QUANTITY and TOTAL columns using the and icons.
Sales by staff
Want to know who’s the best at making sales on the floor? Select the Staff tab - this tab displays the sales for all your staff, for the date range selected. It displays: the STAFF MEMBER name (including all payments and refunds processed by that staff member); whether the sale was a CARD transaction (processed with Yoco), a CASH transaction, or any OTHER custom payment method; whether TIPS were added to the payment (if applicable, this shows whether your customers were pleased with the service); and what the final bill TOTAL was (a staff member with consistently higher bill totals is probably a star when it comes to up-selling).
Sales by categories
Want to see which parts of your business are performing best? Select the Categories tab - this tab displays all your sales by categories, for the date range selected. It displays the CATEGORY (to see the product assigned to that category, select the icon), the QUANTITY and the TOTAL. You can sort the CATEGORY column using the and icons.
Sales by brands
Want to see which product lines are the most popular? Select the Brands tab - this tab displays all your sales by brands, for the date range selected. It displays the BRANDS, the QUANTITY and the TOTAL. You can sort the BRANDS column using the and icons.