How does the referral program work?
- You will get R200 cash back for referring a new business to Yoco. This will be paid out into your linked Yoco bank account, along with your payouts.
- The business you refer must start the signup process by clicking on your referral link. This automatically adds your referral code into their sign up process.
Where can I find and share my referral link?
- Log in to your Yoco Business Portal using the email address and password you signed up with.
- Click on the green "Refer a Friend" button in the top right corner. You will see your referral link here, which you can send to your friends and network via email, social media, WhatsApp, or any platform you prefer. Just copy it, paste it and send!
PLEASE NOTE Our Referral Program and incentive is intended to help your networks get set up with Yoco, and not to be used for active reselling. Our T's and C's advise against sharing your referral code on any Yoco specific content, such as Yoco posts or ads online. You are still welcome to share it on your personal pages and profiles.
When will I get my reward?
First, these two things need to happen for you to get your reward:
- The business you referred must have paid for their card machine in full, and
- The business you referred must have transacted over R1000.
Once both of these things happen, the money will be paid to you via EFT on the next business day. As with any EFT, this can take 24-48 hours to reflect in your account.
I did not receive my reward, why?
Make sure to ask yourself these questions:
- Did the business you referred sign up using your referral link?
- Did the business you referred complete their Yoco signup, and are they officially an active merchant with us?
- Did the business you referred pay for their card machine in full and transact at least R1000?
If your answer to all of the above questions is ‘yes’, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll investigate what went wrong.
How many people can I refer?
There is no limit to the number of people that you may refer.
How can I personalize my referral link?
What if there is already a Yoco promotion?
If Yoco is running a discount that does not require a promo code to be entered, and the business you referred signed up via your referral link, you will still be rewarded.
When will I get my referral fee if I referred before 1 May 2020?
The referral fee will be paid into your account once the business you referred has transacted over R1000. If you referred a business before 1 May 2020, but they have not yet transacted over R1000, you’ll receive R500 once they have reached the R1000 transaction target.
Due to the latest updates in the terms of our Referral Program, if you refer someone after 1 May 2020, you will get paid R200 once the new business transacts over R1000.