On the Yoco App, you can keep track of who is transacting with your card machines, how much they’re selling, and view their sales details.
You can add and manage your staff’s access to the Yoco card machines easily, via the Yoco App, or on the Business Portal.
How to Add a Staff Member:
- Log in to your Yoco App
- Select MORE, located on the far right of the navigation bar.
- Under MANAGE MY STORE, select STAFF.
- On the next screen, select ADD (located on the top right).
- Enter your staff member’s first name, last name, email address, mobile number, and select the permission set that you'd like to give the staff member.
The preset permission options (User Type) are as follows:
- Staff Member
- Once you've selected the permission set, select INVITE STAFF MEMBER.
Your staff member will then receive an invite, either via email or SMS, which will include their new login details for the Yoco mobile App.
Should the staff member download the App on a new device, they should take care not to select Sign Up, as this will prompt them to create a brand new account. Rather select Login and use the login details provided in their original invite email or SMS.
- Log into your Business Portal
- Select Manage My Store from the menu on the left
- Select Staff
- To invite a staff member, select + Invite Staff Member.
A panel will open from the right.
- Enter your staff member's first name, last name, email address, and mobile number.
- Under Permissions & Security, select the User Type (the role and permissions that you want to assign to the staff member).
By selecting Show advanced permissions, you can customize the permissions for staff members. Permissions help you control the amount of access and influence a staff member has in your business. Permissions help you limit the amount of access an individual staff member has over transactions and managing your business.
- Select Invite
Want to set up staff switching? Follow our step by step guide here
Adding a staff member troubleshooting tips
As the Yoco app has now been downloaded, the staff member needs to click "Forgot password" on the Yoco app's login screen, and enter the email address or mobile number that was added to get the link to reset the password.
Once they have put in their new password, they will proceed to the app and login.
This means that the staff member's mobile number is already been added to Yoco.
You can follow up with the staff member if they have previously been added on another profile OR if they have an existing Yoco profile. If this is the case, the staff member must be removed from the old business profile before you can add them to your business profile.
Alternatively, you can add them to your Yoco profile, using a different mobile number or email.
This means that the staff member has no permissions. When the admin added the staff member and selected the custom permissions, none of the boxes were ticked.
For example - if the staff member does not have “Can view transactions” permission ticked, they will not be able to access the app and the ‘session expired’ error message will appear.