To split a bill in iKentoo, you can either use payment options, or split the bill between guests at the same table. We'll be focusing on splitting the bill by splitting the total amount to be tendered. The views are different for iPod Touch and iPad.
How to split a bill using an iPad View and the Payment Options method:
- When your customers are ready to pay and would like to split the bill, you can do this by selecting the large green arrow button. Select Payment Options.
- Select the Payment Method drop-down menu and select Yoco. Enter the full amount on the keypad, including the tip. Select Register a Payment.
- You'll be prompted with tip screen. On this screen, enter the tip amount. Once you've entered the tip amount, select Done.
- If you're happy with the amounts, select Done. This will take you to the Yoco payment screen. Process your card transaction as normal.
- To process another part payment of the bill, follow the steps outlined above.
- Once the complete bill has been paid, you'll see the iKentoo confirmation screen of total paid.
- Customer A pays R2 toward the bill and R1 toward the tip = total payment of R3
- Customer B pays R3 toward the bill and R2 toward the tip = total payment of R5
The way in which you would split the bill:
- Ring up your items in iKentoo as per usual. In this example, 5 x Rose Lime Cordials have been added to the bill, totalling R5,00.
- Select the actions button (large green button) and select Payment Options.
- Select the Payment Method drop-down menu and choose Yoco. Enter the full amount that Customer A wishes to pay, including the tip. In this example, Customer A chooses to pay R3 toward the bill and tip. Select Register a Payment.
- Now enter how much of the R3 that Customer A has paid is towards the tip. In this example, Customer A chooses to pay R1 toward the tip. This means that of the R3 paid, R2 is towards the bill and R1 is towards the tip. Once you' have entered the R1 tip amount, select Done.
- You'll be taken into the Yoco app to complete the payment for Customer A of a total of R3. Once you've completed the card payment in Yoco, select Done, and you'll be taken back into iKentoo to finalise the rest of the bill.
- Back on iKentoo, you'll see a breakdown of what has been paid, and what is still due. The R3 that has been paid toward the R5 bill will reflect. However, R3 is still due because only R2 of that payment was towards bill, and R1 was paid toward a tip.
- You can now finalise the bill. Customer B chooses to pay R5 towards the bill. R3 will cover the remainder of what's due and R2 will be towards a tip. Remember to select Yoco under the Payment Method drop-down menu. Select Register a Payment.
- Now enter the amount that will go towards a tip. In this example, R2 (of the R5) will be paid toward the tip. Select Done.
- You'll be taken into the Yoco app to complete the payment. Customer B pays R5 with Yoco.
- Once the card payment has been processed, select Done in Yoco. You'll be taken back to iKentoo and you can close the table with a total of R8,00 paid. A total of R5 was paid toward the bill and R3 paid toward a tip.