What to do if your card machine freezes
Your card machine can freeze on a number of different screens. In this case, you will need to reset your card machine.
IMPORTANT: when you are resetting your machine do not use something sharp, as this damages the reset button. Please use a paper clip/earring etc that has a flat head.
We would also strongly advise against completing a Reset 3: Total Factory Reset without first speaking to a Yoco Support team member.
Your card machine will either be frozen on the Miura Systems or the Yoco screen:
Frozen on Miura Systems
There are two Miura Systems screens:
- The loading screen
- The final booted up screen (when the Bluetooth and Battery symbols are visible).
The Loading Screen
- Please charge your card machine using a plug socket for at least 1 hour.
- After the hour has passed, unplug the machine and reset using Option 1: Power up as normal (to reset the Yoco card machine insert a paper clip/earring into a reset hole next to the power button).
- Should you require further assistance please chat with our team in the pop-up chat below.
The Final booted up Screen
- Reset the card machine using Option 2: System Restore (to reset the Yoco card machine insert a paper clip/earring into a reset hole next to the power button).
- Put the card machine into a pairing mode (hold down the green tick button until the Bluetooth symbol starts flashing).
- On your phone or tablet, go to your Bluetooth settings and locate your card machine, which will appear under the name Miura. Forget the machine
- On your device, go to the App -> Menu -> Settings -> Card machine
- Connect the card machine to your phone by pairing it via Bluetooth.
- Once connected the machine will begin updating the software.
- Once the update is complete a test transaction of R1.00.
Frozen on the Yoco screen while trying to pair
- Insert a flat-headed object into the reset next to the Power button.
- Three options will appear on the screen of the card machine:
- Select Option 1: Power up as normal
- The card machine will reboot - wait until it shows Yoco again on the screen
- Then try a new transaction again.
What to do if your Yoco App freezes?
This happens if your phone has no data or WiFi. The App requires an internet connection to process a transaction.
To check if this is the problem, open up your internet browser e.g. Safari/Google and try and search for something. Should it not be able to bring up the search/takes a very long time, your internet connection is too weak to process transactions on Yoco.
CHECK OUT our card machine policies.