Our Card Machines come with a 1 year manufacturer warranty, which covers any manufacturing defects which starts from the day you receive your card reader.
IMPORTANT: The Yoco Lite, Go and Pro card readers are made to endure general wear and tear and daily use. However, they are security-sensitive electronic devices and must be treated with care.
These card readers must be looked after as you would any electronic device. They have also been designed to include tamper-proof technology for security purposes.
Wireless Card Reader care tips
- Do not leave the card reader in the sun for extended periods of time (and anything that radiates heat, such as a stove or a motor);
- Do not use the device where there is high heat, dust, humidity, moisture, caustic chemicals or oils. E.g. in a restaurant kitchen;
- Do not try to open the card reader (especially with a screw driver);
- Do not throw, drop, or stand on the card reader;
- Try to keep your card reader as clean as possible - do not let sand, dirt or dust get into the card reader;
- Yoco card readers are not waterproof - please avoid all contact with water and other liquids.
- Do not charge Yoco card readers during electrical storms;
- Avoid locations near electrical appliances or other devices that cause excessive voltage fluctuations or emit electrical noise (for example, air conditioners, electric motors, neon signs, high-frequency or magnetic security devices, or computer equipment).
IMPORTANT: If your card reader displays a System Tampered error, this means that the card reader cannot be used anymore. Please contact us to organise collection of your card reader. Once we've examined the condition of the reader, we will either invoice you or dispatch a free replacement depending on whether the reader is still covered under its warranty, or the reason for the System Tamper occurring.