You can connect both our card machines using Bluetooth pairing to connect to your iOS or Android device with a few easy steps. Here's how:
IMPORTANT: Before pairing your card machine to your phone or tablet, please make sure that you have a stable internet, 3G or LTE data connection
FIND OUT why a stable internet connection is important.
Pairing your card machine
- Turn on Bluetooth on your mobile phone or tablet under Settings.
- Turn on your card machine using the power button. On the Yoco Pro, the power button is the blue on the top right. On the Yoco Lite, the power button is the black one on the left hand side of the card machine.
- Open the Yoco App. Select Menu on the top left, then Settings, and then Card machine.
- Activate the Bluetooth pairing function on the card machine by holding down the green tick button on the keypad until the Bluetooth icon on the machine’s screen starts flashing.
- On your mobile phone or tablet, select Next.
- On your iOS device, choose Select An Accessory; or on your Android device, choose Machines near you.
- Select your card machine and allow the Yoco app to attempt pairing. The serial number can be found at the back on the silver strip at the bottom of the card machine: Format is 010-??????.
- A popup titled Bluetooth Pairing Request will display. Check that the passkey on the device matches the number on the card machine's screen. Click Pair on your device and press the green tick button on your card machine to accept the passkey.
- Once paired, a Yoco Connected message will display on the card machine's screen, and the Yoco app will display a green Connected status with the details of the machine: make, model, status etc.
Troubleshooting pairing problems
If you are experiencing issues connecting your card machine to your device, here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow.
IMPORTANT: You can only pair your card machine to one device at a time.
Make sure you are connected to the internet
Before pairing your card machine to your phone or tablet, please make sure that you have a stable internet, 3G, or LTE data connection on your device.
Check the battery level of the card machine
If you have a strong internet connection, please make sure you have enough battery charge by checking the on-screen indicator. If the battery is under 25% the app will show a Low Battery error. Charge your card machine if necessary, using the cable provided and a plug adapter into a wall socket.
Restart the Yoco App
If the battery level is fine, please restart your Yoco app:
IOS : Press the home button twice. Find the Yoco app and swipe it upwards.
Android : Select the “Recent apps” button, which is usually on the bottom right on your phone, and swipe the Yoco app to the left or right.
Re-open the app as normal and retry a test transaction to check if the card machine connects.
Pair the card machine again
If restarting the app wasn't successful, unpair your device and the card machine by going into your Bluetooth settings and clicking on Miura [Serial number]:
Android : + Unpair
IOS : + Forget
Once unpaired, go back into the app and try pairing your card machine again.
Reset the card machine.
To reset your card machine, insert a flat-headed object (e.g. like an earring or paperclip) into the reset hole next to the power button. A menu will be displayed.
You now have 3 options:
- Power up as normal - This is the same as switching the card machine on and off.
- System restore - This restores the software on the device.
- Total factory reset - Please only choose this option if a Yoco Support team member advises you to. We would not recommend that you complete a total factory reset regularly on your card machine. This resets all hardware configuration and software on the card machine and should only be used when the other options do not help solve the issue.
Your account will continue to work with the card machine regardless of the option you choose. The machine may, however, require time to update its software after a system restore or factory reset.
IMPORTANT: Please only complete an Option 3 reset if a Yoco Support Staff member asks you to. We strongly advise against repetitively resetting the card machine to its factory settings.