The Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) was implemented in 2001 in order to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism. In order to comply with this act, we'll need to verify your identity.
IMPORTANT: If you're receiving your reader from our couriers, CCD, you need to be present with your ID and Proof of Residence so they can deliver your reader. Please give the couriers your FICA documents. We'll then activate settlement once your reader has been delivered.
Should you wish to pick up your card reader from Pargo, or receive it via our local couriers Wumdrop, we'll need you to send your documents through to [email protected]. If you wish to collect your reader from our office please bring the following documents in order to receive your reader:
- A clear certified copy of your barcoded South African ID
- Proof of your residential address- this is your home address for your personal capacity
IMPORTANT: Please note FICA is for your personal capacity not your business.
What if I don't send my FICA documents?
If we do not receive your FICA documents we will not be able to settle your account (you will not receive the funds you have transacted). This is done for the protection of business owners by ensuring that people are not transacting under false identities.
Which documents do we accept?
- ID document
This must be a clear certified copy of your Barcoded South African ID. We will also accept the your Passport if your ID is lost, stolen or not yet issued.
If you are signing up as a company and have a foreign Passport please provide this for FICA.
- Proof of residential address documents
Any of the following documents will work as long as they have your full name and complete residential address on them. If the original document has a letter head please ensure this is legible when scanning or photographing. Please note this document is for your personal capacity, not your business and we do not accept documents for PO Box addresses.
Documents less than 3 months old:
- Bank statement
- Body corporate or share block correspondence
- Cellphone account
- Document issued in the name of a trust
- Rates and taxes
- Retail credit account
- Telkom account or other fixed line service provider
Documents less than 6 months old:
- Home loan statement from your bank
Documents less than 1 year old:
- Insurance policy
- Motor vehicle licence
- Home Lease/ rental agreement: Needs to show your name & physical address, the validity period and the signature page
- Tax return and any official document issued by SARS
- TV license statement
I don’t have any of the above!
If you don't have one of the documents listed above you can ask a family member/ landlord to complete a Declaration Form. This form can be used if you are unable to provide any other type of proof of residential address listed here, and you live with someone who can provide this proof.
- The declarer must complete the FICA Declaration form.
- The declarer must include a copy of their ID and an original proof of residential address document listed above.
Download the form below.
What files can we accept?
We'll accept any of the following file types: .PDF .PNG .JPEG