Before You've Received Your Reader

FICA Requirements

The Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) was implemented in 2001 in order to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism. In order to comply with this act, we'll need to verify your identity.

How to submit your FICA documents

The way we verify FICA varies depending on which method you receive your card reader. To check which method applies to you, login to your online Business Portal here. Under the Confirm Identity section you will see one of the following:

For our CCD Deliveries please make sure you have the required FICA documents available for the courier:


For all other receiving methods, please upload your FICA documents. Select the documents you are uploading, browse and select your file and then click the Submit Documents button in the far right corner.


  IMPORTANT: Please note FICA is for your personal capacity not your business.

What if I don't provide my FICA documents?

If we do not receive your FICA documents we will not be able to settle your account (you will not receive the funds you have transacted). This is done for the protection of business owners by ensuring that people are not transacting under false identities.

Which documents do we accept?

  1. ID document

    Upload method: This must be a clear, coloured photograph of your Barcoded South African ID. We will also accept your Passport if your ID is lost, stolen or not yet issued.

    Email method: This must be a clear, certified, scanned copy of your Barcoded South African ID. We will also accept your Passport if your ID is lost, stolen or not yet issued.

    If you are signing up as a company and have a foreign Passport please provide this for FICA.

  2. Proof of residential address documents

    Any of the following documents will work as long as they have your full name and complete residential address on them. If the original document has a letter head please ensure this is legible when scanning or photographing. Please note this document is for your personal capacity, not your business and we do not accept documents for PO Box addresses.

    Documents less than 3 months old:

    • Bank statement 
    • Body corporate or share block correspondence 
    • Cellphone account
    • Document issued in the name of a trust 
    • Rates and taxes 
    • Retail credit account 
    • Telkom account or other fixed line service provider

    Documents less than 6 months old:

    • Home loan statement from your bank

    Documents less than 1 year old:

    • Insurance policy
    • Motor vehicle licence
    • Tax return and any official document issued by SARS
    • TV license statement
    • Home Lease/ rental agreement. This needs to show:
      • Your name
      • Your Landlord's name
      • Physical address
      • The validity period
      • The signature page signed by both parties

I don’t have any of the above!

If you don't have one of the documents listed above you can ask a family member/ landlord to complete a Declaration Form. This form can be used if you are unable to provide any other type of proof of residential address listed here, and you live with someone who can provide this proof.

  • The declarer must complete the FICA Declaration form. 
  • The declarer must include a copy of their ID and an original proof of residential address document listed above.

Download the form below.

What files can we accept? 

We'll accept any of the following file types: .PDF .PNG .JPEG

Help us improve our Help Centre. Was this article helpful?

Have more questions? Contact us now